Charge and Connect Battery
c CAUTION: Avoid injury! The battery produces a flammable and explosive gas. The battery may explode:
• Do not smoke or have open flame near battery.
• Wear eye protection and gloves.
• Never check battery charge by placing a metal object across the posts. Use a voltmeter or hydrometer.
• Do not jump start or charge a frozen battery. Warm battery to 16?C (60?F).
1. Remove and discard the tie strap from the positive (+) battery terminal.
2. Remove and discard the black protective cap from the negative (–) battery terminal.
3. Charge the battery.
• Battery is fully charged at 12.6 volts.
4. Connect positive (+) battery cable (A) to battery.
5. Connect negative (–) battery cable (B).
6. Apply general purpose grease or silicone spray to terminal to help prevent corrosion.
7. Slide red cover over positive battery cable.
Check Tire Pressure
Check tire pressure. (See Checking Tire Pressure in the SERVICE MISCELLANEOUS section.)
Adjust Mower Deck Level
Adjust mower deck level. (See Adjusting Mower Level in the OPERATING section.)
Check Engine Oil Level
Check engine oil level. (See Checking Engine Oil Level in the SERVICE ENGINE section.)
Check Machine Safety System
Perform safety system check to make sure the electronic safety interlock circuit is functioning properly. Perform all tests. (See Testing Safety System in the OPERATING section.)
Break In Electric Engagement Clutch (If Equipped)
1. Start engine and move machine to flat level surface.
2. Push throttle lever (A) up to full throttle position.
3. Engage attachment engagement switch (B) and allow mower to run for 10 seconds.
4. Disengage attachment engagement switch and wait 10 seconds.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 for 12-15 cycles.
NOTE: Clutch is now properly burnished.